The Working Farm
- The farm is 222.5 acres and is roughly split between pasture and arable production.
- Arable products comprise of 40 acres of Winter Wheat and 60 acres of Oil Seed Rape.
- The caravan park is nestled in the centre of the farm land, enhancing the site’s tranquility.
- Surrounding grassland is grazed by sheep, the flock consists of 230 North Country Mule breeding ewes and 7 Suffolk and Texel breeding rams.
- Lambing season is an intense period of 3-5 weeks, primarily occurring throughout March.
- The flock are tended to by the farmer and shepherds at least once a week, so if you can see a lame animal from your caravan, you can rest assured that he/she will soon get the shepherd’s attention!
The Davis Family diversified the farming business to include the caravan site in 2001, and continue to work as a team to provide excellence in their hospitality. Three generations of the family contribute to the daily running of the business, and you are sure to meet a variety of family members during your stay!
The family have two sheepdogs (Sweep and Finn), two red hens (sorry no eggs available for sale), two horses (Fran and Summer) and two mouser tabby-cats (Kitty and Sox). For a brief history on the farm, including its acquisition in 1943, please click here.
Please note: Not all of the areas in the gallery above are open to caravan park visitors, the gallery intends to provide you with a greater appreciation of the farm’s natural assets.